Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

I'm at work and very tired. This is surprising because I spent the past two days recovering (read: switching between the couch and my bed) from New Year's Eve in Boston and New Years Eve Eve. On NYEE, I had my heart set on doing a karaoke duet but I must get Boyfriend near-blackout-drunk in order to get him to agree. But we did it! "Jackson" by the couple formerly known as the Cashes and it was magical (in my mind at least - not sure how the other patrons felt). So we were both feeling a bit worn down on our long weekend.

I've put together some resolutions, in no particular order.

1) Become a minor celebrity. I have no idea how to make this one happen yet but I'm tired of being a Regular. Maybe some YouTube rants will do it.

2) Work out 3-4 times per week. I actually like working out.... once I'm doing it. It's the getting there that's the hard part. I need some good prizes to keep myself motivated.

3) Get a promotion. Since my job was actually designed to groom me to move up, this seems feasible but I'm going to have to put some more effort.

4) Blog more. I've already been practicing! I'll shoot for 2-3x per week. Maybe I'll even come up with a weekly column. On this same note, get more readers.

That's it for now because I don't want to overwhelm myself and quit. There is one thing that all of my goals seem to have in common - Try Harder. So I guess 2011 will be the Year of Lounging and 2012 will be the year of Trying Harder. How motivational.

No comments:

Post a Comment